Friday, July 24, 2009

Talking to Microsoft

The following is a "chat" session I just had with the Microsoft help and support desk:

Allen has joined this session!
Connected with Allen. Your reference number for this chat session is 1636037.
Allen: Welcome to Microsoft Customer Service Chat, Barrie. Please give me a moment while I review your question.
Allen: Please note that this chat service is available to guide you to the appropriate resources for your questions. Often this can include technical support options or a phone number to the appropriate Microsoft team.
Allen: Are you receiving any notifications requesting you to validate your copy of Office 2007 or anything related to your copy of Office 2007 is not genuine, such as: may be a victim of counterfeit software?
Barrie Janson: Yep, it is telling me that I have a non-genuine copy of office installed.
Allen: I presume that you have already performed the Microsoft online validation process, but you are unable to validate your copy of Office 2007. Am I right?
Barrie Janson: It gave me 30 days to sort it out
Barrie Janson: yes, i think the computer had a previous version of office 97 that was dodgey.
Allen: Thank you for providing me with all the information.
Barrie Janson: "This product is already activated"
Allen: Okay.
Allen: As you are experiencing issues in validating your copy of Office, you may contact our Support Professional who have the technical expertise to resolve the issue soon.
Barrie Janson: um, how?
Allen: The Support Professional can be contacted at the following web link: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=9860&st=1
Allen: Please visit the above link and click on "Start E-mail Request" button to submit a support request.
Allen: Microsoft provides no charge support for the issues related to Office Validation or Office Genuine Advantage.
Allen: They will be in a better position to assist you with the issue.
Barrie Janson: So what have I been doing?
Barrie Janson: All I want to do is validate my copy of office
Allen: It appears to be a technical issue with the validation process for your copy of Office 2007.
Allen: Please work with the above mentioned support team for further assistance.
Allen: After submitting an e-mail support request, a Support Professional will contact you within one business day to begin troubleshooting.
Allen: Is there anything else I may assist you with today, Barrie?
Barrie Janson: why did the above link say that there was a "1 business day" waiting period?
Allen: Yes, the support team will contact you within one business day to begin troubleshooting.
Barrie Janson: Why can't I just call someone... talk to a real person?
Allen: I am sorry, the above mentioned support is available only through e-mail.
Barrie Janson: why is there no human contact?
Barrie Janson: hello?
Allen: Please note that currently there is no phone, or chat support available for Office Genuine Advantage issues. Microsoft provides no-charge support for Office Genuine issue only through e-mail.
Barrie Janson: Why can't I talk to someone?
Barrie Janson: I just want to talk to a person...
Allen: You may work with the above mentioned support team to resolve the issue.
Barrie Janson: Why does Microsoft want to not talk to me?
Barrie Janson: Where is the humanity!
Allen: Please understand that the above mentioned support team is available only through e-mail support.
Barrie Janson: So now I have to wait for MS to email me?
Barrie Janson: That's it?
Allen: Yes, they will contact you further assistance.
Barrie Janson: What kind of customer service model is that?
Allen: I can understand that difficulties caused to you.
Allen: However the support can be obtained only through the above mentioned web link.
Allen: You can be assisted only by the above mentioned support team.
Barrie Janson: That's not customer service, that is customer control.
Allen: I am sorry for such experience of yours with us.
Allen: I hope the issue is resolved soon.
Allen: Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service Chat. Please feel free to contact us again. We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Allen has left this session!
The session has ended!

They hung up on me, just as I hit the "caps lock" button and started typing:
WHY CAN'T I JUS

"TerraTime" is a creation of Barrie Janson.
For more TerraTime news and events then go to:
geocities.com/terratime

No comments:

Post a Comment

TerraTime
geocities.com/terratime